3.07.2007

Blog Awareness Spread by Word of Mouth

Via eMarketer.com: Two-thirds of blog readers discover blogs by links on other blogs, according to a new report by Vizu Answers and Ad Age. Recommendations account for another 23% of blog finds.



So I guess if I want to get this blog to be more widely read, I'd try to get it linked on some other blogs. Right now, that's not important to me. It's interesting, though, to see that traditional search engines aren't as important in this area - at least yet.

The same eMarketer.com article said two thirds of blog readers do so to be entertained. Only 12% said they read for work/business reasons. So not only am I not linked on any other blogs yet, I'm writing in a topic area of interest to only a small portion of the audience.

Just some things to keep in mind if you're considering your own blog, for personal or professional reasons.

No comments: